Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Starting a new year...2010-2011

HELLO First grade!!!!

Wow, I really can't believe how fast the summer went! I'm sure most of you parents out there are thinking...it's been too long!! As a teacher, summer is never long enough. As a parent, I've enjoyed my summer with my daughter but I'm ready to get back into a routine.

The most important thing for your first grader this year is to get into a routine! The routine might consist of getting up around the same time each morning, getting dressed independently, having a healthy breakfast and heading off to school. When your child is at school he/she will have a very consistant routine that is predictable and stable. I encourage you to have a solid evening routine as well. This helps with bedtime issues and allows your child to get much needed rest! Have a time set aside for reading. Your child reading to you and you reading to your child. At my house we do this right before bed! Having time set aside for outside play and maybe even a little TV time will help your child get that energy out and rest their body!

Meet the Teacher will be Friday, August 20th at 8:30am-10:00am. If you purchased school supplies from the PTA they will be sitting on your child's desk. If you purchased them on your own please bring them that day. The only thing you will need to label with your child's name will be his/her pencil box.

See you on the first day of school, Tuesday, August 24th!

Mrs. Caballero

No comments:

Post a Comment